"In almost every area of human endeavor, the practice improves over time," says Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates. "That hasn't been the case for teaching." This is an excerpt of his interview by PARADE – read the full interview on the Parade website. In the interview, Gates shares his insight about the crisis of American Education system and the movie Waiting for ‘Superman’, a documentary from An Inconvenient Truth's Davis Guggenheim. I have not watched the movie yet but I would surely try to get the DVD and hopefully learn a few things. In the meantime, have a look at the trailer and reviews.
- Waiting for Superman official trailer
- The PARADE interview with Bill Gates: What I've Learned About Great Teachers
- Waiting for 'Superman' - A review by The New Yorker
- Waiting for 'Superman' - A review by The Telegraph
- Waiting for 'Superman': Are Teachers the Problem? (from TIME magazine)
- What makes a school great? (TIME magazine)